Underwater New York’s mission is to help our audience envision New York City in a new way, through the landscape of its sixth borough – its waterways. Through our programmatic events and publication of our digital journal, we are building a dynamic community of contributors and readers, bringing both to the edges of the city and finding there new depths.
In its first nine years of operation, Underwater New York:
- Published original work by nearly two hundred artists, writers, and musicians;
- Planned and executed events spanning all five boroughs;
- Collaborated with arts, literary and education institutions or organizations to teach, cross-publish, or curate exhibitions, readings or performances based on our project;
- Produced a solo performance piece;
- Established a robust online audience through social media sites, content partnerships with other digital publications, and our own periodic newsletters.
Your donation will help us offset the costs of running Underwater New York and develop future programming to advance our mission, including:
- Expenses related to publication of our digital journal;
- Expenses required for programming (artist honoraria, materials, fees for space, etc);
- Programmatic development enabling us to cultivate support for our community of contributors, reach broader and more diverse audiences, and do outreach to other organizations working to engage New Yorkers on issues related to the waterways and waterfront of our city.
Click here to make a donation through PayPal. (Coming soon! If you'd like to make a donation in the meantime, please email us at nicole (at) underwaternewyork (dot) com.