Underwater New York’s mission is to help our audience envision New York City in a new way, through the landscape of its sixth borough – its waterways. Through our programmatic events and publication of our digital journal, we are building a dynamic community of contributors and readers, bringing both to the edges of the city and finding there new depths.
In its first five years of operation, Underwater New York:
- Published original work by 112 artists, writers, and musicians;
- Planned and executed 23 events, spanning all five boroughs, featuring the work of 97 Underwater New York contributors;
- Collaborated with 12 different arts, literary and education institutions or organizations to teach, cross-publish, or curate exhibitions, readings or performances based on our project;
- Established a robust online audience through social media sites, content partnerships with other digital publications, and our own periodic newsletters.
Your donation will help us offset the costs of running Underwater New York and develop future programming to advance our mission, including:
- Expenses related to publication of our digital journal;
- Expenses required for programming (materials, fees for space, etc);
- Programmatic development enabling us to cultivate support for our community of contributors, reach broader and more diverse audiences, and do outreach to other organizations working to engage New Yorkers on issues related to the waterways and waterfront of our city.
Click here to make a secure donation through the Brooklyn Arts Council. Please follow the instructions given on the page to designate that your donation is for one of BAC's fiscally sponsored projects, Underwater New York.
Underwater New York is a fiscally sponsored project of the Brooklyn Arts Council, and all donations are tax deductible. We are so grateful to our supporters for making Underwater New York possible, and we appreciate donations in any amount.