Deidre Rodman Struck found a metaphor among our underwater objects, and wrote this original song in response. Listen to this performance of her Underwater New York theme song from TOLD #24, That Sinking Feeling.
About the Musician
Deidre Rodman Struck is an Idaho native, mother, singer/songwriter, and former circus musician. She has performed and recorded with such luminaries as Elvis Costello, Debbie Harry, Natalie Merchant and The Jazz Passengers. Deidre has released three jazz CDs and a new pop EP, Circle. She also sings and plays keyboard with children’s band/all girl band The Itty Biddies/Lascivious Biddies in conjunction with Carnegie Hall’s CarnegieKids/Musical Connections program.
Subscribe to Surfaced
Bi-monthly featured stories, & notification of upcoming events
- Antiseptic Six-Pack: Six Fragments from Dead Horse Bay by Nora Maynard
- UNY Contributor Book Round-Up
- They Come To Me by Allison Amend
- The Right Way to Tell a Story by Carolyn Ferrell
- The River and the Skull by Rich Villar
- Oshun’s Bolero by Rich Villar
- The Orisha of Iron, or, How The Horseshoe Came Back To Homeboy by Rich Villar
- Poem in Which the Poet Attempts to Teach Children on a Walking Tour of Their Own Neighborhood About the Purpose of Urban Poetry, Completely Ignoring the Tree and the River in Front of His Face by Rich Villar
- UNY in the Bronx!: Reading this Friday February 22nd
- The Art of Hurricanes by Lissa Kiernan