Ellis Island Ferry
About the Author
Kristin Maffei is a graduate of Sarah Lawrence College and a first-year MFA student at NYU. She is an Associate Editor at Oxford University Press and co-founder of the collaborative literary ‘zine Call & Response (www.callandresponsezine.com). Kristin’s poetry has been featured in qarrtsiluni, The Little Jackie Paper, In Flux, and on a few buses in Oxfordshire. Her nonfiction work has appeared in a variety of newspapers in Putnam County, NY, and she once wrote a book on horses.
December 10, 2009
Something surfaced is in the news… We thought the UNY community would appreciate this story in Gothamist. Check out the full story of the sunken Ellis Island Ferry by Phil Buehler, in the June 2006 issue of Lost Magazine.
A sunken Ellis Island Ferry? Sounds like good fodder for an entry to our Shipwreck Story Contest … Imagine your own story for a sunken Ellis Island Ferry, or one of the shipwrecks depicted in our online gallery, or a shipwreck entirely of your own invention … Deadline for entries is February 12, so get cracking!
Subscribe to Surfaced
Bi-monthly featured stories, & notification of upcoming events
- Antiseptic Six-Pack: Six Fragments from Dead Horse Bay by Nora Maynard
- UNY Contributor Book Round-Up
- They Come To Me by Allison Amend
- The Right Way to Tell a Story by Carolyn Ferrell
- The River and the Skull by Rich Villar
- Oshun’s Bolero by Rich Villar
- The Orisha of Iron, or, How The Horseshoe Came Back To Homeboy by Rich Villar
- Poem in Which the Poet Attempts to Teach Children on a Walking Tour of Their Own Neighborhood About the Purpose of Urban Poetry, Completely Ignoring the Tree and the River in Front of His Face by Rich Villar
- UNY in the Bronx!: Reading this Friday February 22nd
- The Art of Hurricanes by Lissa Kiernan